Sunday, April 2, 2017

Valentines at the Shetler's

These people crack me up! The dinner was thrown together because they were short on time... Check out this menu! It would take me months to come up with food like this (3 to be exact) and it wouldn't taste as good :)

Let's start by saying the wine competition was white wine. White wine? Mark said the food was too light to pair with red, so white it was.

APPETIZERS

Salmon Dip on Hearts of Celery,
Cheddar Pennies,
Shrimp Cakes (I'm allergic to shellfish) with Red Pepper Spread,

SALAD

I don't know what it's called, but it was yummy


MAIN COURSE

Corn Crab Chowder (and Shrimp Chowder for me) with Avocado Chunks and Cilantro Puree, 
Sourdough Garlic Bread,

DESSERT

Lemon Mousse with Raspberries










WINES

1st Wades with Tamber Bay, Chardonnay, 2014

2nd Shetlers with Lambert Bridge, Viognier, 2014

3rd Gilberts with Rombauer, Chardonnay, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment