Friday, October 10, 2014

Italian Comfort Food and Chianti Classico

Wine Tribe feast at the Wade's house!

Primo Piatti:
Antipasto Platter (salami, cappacola, mortadella, assorted cheeses and olives, and Sardinian crackers) with Apple & Brie Croissants. Note that little cluster of Syrah wine grapes with the cheese.

Cortorno:
Constructed Grilled Vegetable Caprese Salad. I loved this little concoction.

Secondo:
Sicilian Meatballs and Creamy Polenta with Fontina Cheese. I don't know what was on that bread, but it definitely wasn't diet food!  

Dolce:

Cannoli with Chocolate chips and Pistachios with a Zinfandel Chocolate Sauce (Denise made a couple of extra ones with Nutella for the lactose intolerant guests).

Wine selection: The Wades requested a Chianti Classico. I don't know about you, but I don't know my Chiantis. I had to turn to the professional . . . Sean at Il Forno Classico. He sold me a bottle of 2011 Peppoli. The Wades brought 2009 Viticcio Riserva, and the Shetlers brought 2009 La Castellina.
Typical of any wine tasting, the flavors change so much as the meal progresses. The air with the delicate wine and the robust flavors of the ingredients make it harder than you'd guess. All this to say . . . we won!! Thanks Sean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment